In my grandmother's yard in Athens. Greece.
A few blog entries ago, Sheila, one of the great bloggers in this Bloggerville asked for 7 things about me that you may not know or just little known facts. I have complied, but I do it in good faith since I now turn the tables on you (yes, you too Sheila) and ask.
"what 7 things do we not know about you?"
Looking forward to seeing the results.
1) English is not my first language. We spoke Greek when my parents and I moved to the States. I was mortified that I couldn't speak the language and on my first day of kindergarten (I was 7 and looked like an alien compared to all the other 5 year olds) I threw up on my teacher's shoes upon meeting her. I vowed to "fit in" and fervently asked for all the lesson plans of first grade when I was in kindergarten. I finished them all before going to 1st and while there begged my teacher to get me the ones for 2nd. I finished them within a month and skipped 2nd grade. It's been downhill ever since. I just wanted to "catch up."
2) I am a sucker for a good cheeseburger & fries, a real ice cream chocolate or vanilla shake followed by a slice of yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
3) I don't have a middle name.
4) When I lived with my grandmother in Greece (my parents were working in Germany at the time) I ate a flower from her yard because I thought it was so amazing looking that if I ate it, it's powers of color & beauty would be a part of me. I was 4 and I had an allergic reaction.
My tongue, mouth & lips swelled up to at least twice their normal size.
It also did not taste as good as it looked.
5) I still feel like a failed architect.
6) Talent, modesty & strength tempered with kind heartedness are sexy to me. Great legs don't hurt the equation.
7) I can't sing and have always dreamt of being a rock star.
NEEEEEVER gonna happen.