Delicious cookies, viewer question and awesome awesomeness returns next monday!
appox 45 cookies.
8oz unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg yolk
2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Beat the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla together until smooth.
2. Mix in the egg yolk well, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the flour and mix until blended well together.
4. Scrape onto a lightly floured board and knead a few times, just until the dough smoothes out.
5. Turn onto a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log. Wrap up and refrigerate for several hours or freeze.
6. Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
7. Line your baking sheets with parchment or slightly butter the pan.
8. Slice the dough about 1/8-inch thick and place them on the sheets about an inch apart. You can also roll out and cut into shapes or use cookie forms.
As an added option, you can also roll the cookie balls in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.