One that not only looks good, but can be functional and versatile.
Our NEW angelo:HOME coffee table can work with almost any decor. The grey finish on both the top and bottom shelf, along with the charcoal powder-coated steel, make for the perfect neutral backdrop to add color and character with your accessories.
Here are my TOP 5 TIPS for adding modern touches to a room without it feeling too stark:
1) A great loveseat (or sofa), like the one below, would be an awesome partner to the above coffee table. It's modern and classic with a stunning profile. When choosing modern furnishings, look for details that set them apart. The swoop of an arm, a finish on a leg, the color of the fabric. Clean lines don't have to be boring.
2) Add color and pattern with as large a rug as your budget can afford. Think of your floor the way you do a wall. A rug can be a work of art that brings everything else together. Either of these rugs would look great under the coffee table. Also, a rug can help soften the hard edges that a modern room can sometimes posses.
3) Adding a pair of accent chairs opposite the sofa completes the seating area. I like the idea of a mix. Look to ottomans and poufs as another way to create additional seating. Something unexpected so that everything doesn't look like it came from the same box, at the same time. A room should look like it evolved over time, even if it didn't. Combine high and low pieces. Old and new. Leather and linen.
4) A few accent pillows on the loveseat (or accent chairs) can the place to play with additional pattern and color. You can choose bold, whimsical and take risks in this area. An accent pillow is an easy thing to exchange if it's not working out.
5) A couple of side tables and a pair of lamps complete the look and all that's missing are some personal touches...artwork, accessories, flowers, books--the kind of things that make a house your home. Also, don't be afraid to mix metal and wood finishes. Long gone (thankfully) are the days where every metal detail had to match and every wooden leg was the same. -angelo