Sunday, March 27, 2016
A truly hands on experience and I blame Violet Crawley.
When we moved into our new house, Ed had just become addicted to Downton Abbey. He thought it would be a good idea to name our new place...some kind of stately name. I instantly said, Baxter Manor. After our dog. He's always had a regal air about him and I often think that he is disappointed in the way we live. When we rescued him from the shelter and brought him home to our first place, a modest 1,100sf bungalow, he looked at us as if to say, Where's the main house?
Baxter Manor was agreed upon by all three of us.
Once the new place had been christened, we decided that we wanted to start something new in this house. A new product line that was small, manageable and felt really personal.
We've purchased candles as gift and for ourselves for years. Some great ones and some not so great. We prefer the great ones, but the really great ones are not always within reach. We're suckers for a good deal. So, we decide to to make the candles we would like to have in our own home.
I worked on designing the logo and Ed started doing research on getting the best ingredients possible and shortly there after...a new product was born. Right here in the the upstairs spare bedroom of Baxter Manor. BTW, Baxter is in the room when each candle is poured. He's in his bed, looking at us and silently supervising and judging.
I'm sure the residents of Downton Abbey would not approve of this kind of work in the main house quarters, but we lack a basement and our garage is filled with work props...so, the main house will have to do.
A few facts about our new brand:
• Each candle is hand poured in small batches (we only produce 4 candles at a time) in our Los Angeles studio
• We use organic soy from local United States farmers
• Exquisite essential and fragrance oils are used in our candles
• You will find a lead & zinc free 100% Cotton Wick in all of our candles
• Our fragrances are phthalate free
• Long lasting with an approximate burn time of 50 hours
• Glass container is an oval hexagon shape with a silver twist top
• Container can be reused
• Made in the USA
You can view all our handmade scents HERE.
Thanks for reading and Happy Spring! -angelo, ed & baxter